We love these iridescent paper straws!! These are perfect for a mermaid or unicorn themed party. These paper drinking straws have an iridescent finish & offer a more stylish way to serve up cocktails, soft drinks and lots more, adding the perfect touch to your special occasion.
25 paper straws packaged in bio-degradable bags, made from corn starch (annually renewable) these are fully biodegradable and compostable, breaking down to CO2 and H2O. Our bags are fully biodegradable which means that they break down to CO2 and water which can then be reused in the eco system to make new plants. This will happen in either in home or commercial composting or landfill. They will still break down to CO2 and water but in commercial composting the temperature will be higher and the process is much quicker. In a colder home composter it will just take longer.
COMPOSTABLE BAG DISPOSAL:
1) Compost Heap: This is what they are designed for so is the best option. (They are suitable for both home and industrial composting)
2) Council Garden waste bin: Although this would work you would need to check with your local council to ensure that that this waste is going for industrial composting. (Also, you could end up ‘at odds’ with the council for putting what they could view to be the wrong waste in the bin.)
3) Food Waste Bin: This would also be suitable but once again it might be best to check what the council is doing with this waste. (The bags are suitable for anaerobic digestion or industrial composting, if they will allow you to put them in).
4) General Waste Bin: Although possibly not viewed as the perfect option, in landfill they will break down to CO2 and water in much the same way as they would in a compost heap.
5) Recycled Paper and Card Bin: They should not go in with paper for recycling.
6) Recycled Plastic Bag Collections: They should not go in this bin either. Biodegradable and compostable film is made from renewable plant materials, not petrochemicals. It is designed to break down to CO2 and H2O so leaves nothing suitable for recycling unlike traditional plastic bottles etc.
Hopefully this will enable you to choose the best option for environmentally responsible disposal of the biodegradable bags.
Paper Straw Material: Paper
Biodegradable Packaging Material: Clear Bio-degradable Corn Starch
Product Specification: Disposable and biodegradable • Length: 200mm • Diameter: 6mm